People have been using glass bottles for a variety of purposes for centuries, and in this blog post we look at 4 interior design ideas for glass bottles and jars. As a durable material, it can be recycled and reused, making it an environmentally friendly choice for decor.
When most people think of using bottles for interior design, they think about using them to make vases. However, there are many other ways to use them to improve the look of your home. Why not add a few glass jars to your glass bottle decor ideas.
1. Hang glass bottles from the ceiling or rafters to create a unique light fixture
What better way to show off your creative style than by strategically hanging glass bottles from the ceiling or rafters as light fittings? Coming in a variety of shapes and sizes, you can also choose from a wide range of colours, including clear, amber, and green.
Glass bottle light fixtures are easy to make and relatively inexpensive, so they're a great option if you're looking for a DIY project. Plus, they add a warm and inviting glow to any room.
If you're interested in creating your own bottle light fixtures, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Gather your materials: In addition to your bottles, you'll need a length of string, a lighter, and a sink full of cold water.
- Mark the circumference of the bottle near the base. This is where you will remove the bottom of the bottle.
- Next, create an ice bath in the sink using a couple of handfuls of ice and some cold water.
- Pour some acetone into a bowl, just enough to soak the string in.
- Cut some string, enough to wrap around the bottle 6 times.
- Wrap the string around the bottle where marked, keeping it tight to the surface and tying off, cutting off any excess ends.
- Slide off the yarn and keep it in a circular shape, before completely submerging it in the acetone. Slide the yarn back onto the bottle at the correct point. Work over a towel to stop the acetone from falling on any surfaces.
- Hold the bottle horizontally above your sink, holding at the furthest end away from the string.
- Set the string on fire with the lighter, rotating slowly to ensure that all of the yarn burns.
- As soon as the flame extinguishes, submerge the bottle into the ice bath and it should split exactly where the string was. If this does not fully work at first, simply repeat the process until it is fully successful.
- Simply run the light cable through the top of the bottle, attach your globe, sit back and enjoy your handy work!
2. Use glass Jars as candle holders - they make great centrepieces for dinner parties
Glass jars make great candle holders and can be used as centrepieces for dinner parties. Being a material that is heat resistant, they’re ideal for use with candles.
Glass jars come in a variety of shapes and sizes, allowing you to create unique looks for your table setting. You can also decorate the jars to match your party theme. Candlelight creates a warm and inviting atmosphere, and using them as candle holders can help you set the mood for your dinner party.
Take a look at our range of jars that will work perfectly for your candlelit decor at home.
3. Fill glass bottles or jars with sand and shells to create a beachy feel
Fill your bottles or jars with beach sand and shells to create a bespoke decoration that is perfect for summertime, or as a nostalgic feature during the winter months. A few bottles filled with brightly colored sand and a few shells can make a striking centrepiece for a coffee table or dining room table.
Or, line a windowsill with bottles of different sizes and fill them with shells, pebbles, and sand to create a coastal-inspired display. When the sun goes down, light a few candles and enjoy the relaxing glow of the flickering flames against your beach themed bottles.
With a little creativity, you can turn any room into a seaside oasis. Visit our range of oil and sauce bottles which offer the perfect variety for your bottled beach theme displays.
4. Visibly store spices, olive oil, or other kitchen supplies in glass bottles and jars
Bottles are a great way to store your spices, olive oil, or other kitchen supplies. They're easy to clean and keep your counters organised. Plus, they look good on your countertop. Get a few different sizes and shapes to organise and arrange your kitchen spices, cereals, pastas and anything else you can think of.
Glass bottles make excellent decorations for any occasion, or simply to liven up a room at home, while adding a touch of elegance. Our website offers a full range of diverse glass bottles and jars for your decor needs.