Creating a homemade Irish liqueur is a delightful way to add a personal touch to your Christmas celebrations. Here's a simple recipe for you, along with instructions on how to fill JBC's 50ml flasks for table presents:
Homemade Irish Liqueur Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Blender or food processor
- JBC's 50ml flasks
- Small funnel or pouring jug
1. Blend Ingredients: In a blender or food processor, combine the heavy cream, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, cocoa powder, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract if using. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
2. Taste and Adjust: Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness or strength of coffee and cocoa to your liking.
3. Chill: Transfer the liqueur to a large bottle or container and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours. This allows the flavours to meld together.
4. Prepare Flasks: Ensure that JBC's 50ml flasks are clean and dry. If they're new, rinse them out with warm water and let them dry completely.
5. Filling the Flasks:
- Place a small funnel in the mouth of the first flask.
- Carefully pour the liqueur into the flask, filling up to just below the neck to prevent spilling.
- Secure the lid tightly on the flask.
- Repeat the process for each flask.
6. Decorate: You can personalise each flask with a festive ribbon, a custom label, or a tag with a Christmas message.
7. Serve or Gift: These mini flasks can be served as part of the Christmas dinner table setting or given as parting gifts to guests.
- The liqueur will last for up to 2 months in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving if it's been sitting for a while.
- For a non-alcoholic version, omit the whiskey and increase the cream, adding a few drops of rum extract for flavour.
- Be creative with the flavours – try adding different extracts like peppermint or hazelnut for a unique twist.
Enjoy your homemade Irish liqueur and the smiles it brings to your Christmas table!